[Ipe-discuss] Transparency?

Sherif Ghali ghali at cs.ualberta.ca
Mon Aug 14 20:06:50 CEST 2006

If one does the following:
- create a ppm checkerboard image
- convert it to gif
- use giftrans to create a transparent color
- convert the image to format X that supports transparency
- copy the image to the clipboard
- use ipe's "insert bitmap from clipboard"

Is there a format X that would make the transparency pass through to pdf?
gif is not supported by Qt and jpeg does not have transparency.
Can you think of another way to get transparency to work now (ipe pre 26)?

Also, it appears that ipe does some interpolation on the image in the pdf
it saves, even for toy resolutions. Is there a way to obtain the original
image with no resampling?

Thanks,
Sherif