[Ipe-discuss] Re: Feature request: Ruler

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Wed Apr 19 18:02:17 CEST 2006

Gunter Schenck wrote:
> I tried it and it works fine. If i copy
>
> <ipeselection>
> <path stroke="black" pen="normal">
> 12.5 46 m
> 34.5 46 l
> 34.5 66 l
> 12.5 66 l
> </path>
> </ipeselection>
>
> to the clipboard and I do a paste in Ipe, I get the corresponding
> object.
>
> Is there a way to use "mm" instead of points?

Yes, you can paste this object instead:

<ipeselection>
<path stroke="black" matrix="2.834645 0 0 2.834645 0 0" pen="normal">
100 200 m
300 200 l
300 350 l
100 350 l
</path>
</ipeselection>

The matrix contains the factor 72/25.4 to convert points to mm.

I'm planning to make the units selectable in a per-document basis in
Ipe.  The main question is how to handle the attribute values (line
width, font size, dash pattern, etc.)