[Ipe-discuss] Cannot Save File as .pdf -- LaTeX Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 3 23:30:00 CET 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  The "Ipe: Error during Pdflatex run" window tells me there's an error
> somewhere. Scrolling the output I see:
>
> ! pdfTeX error (ext1): \pdfxform cannot be used with a void box.
> <to be read again>
>                   \unskip l.52 ...unt0}0\put(0,0){\pdfrefxform\pdflastxform}

   Well, by trial and error I found the problem: I tried entering an inline
math string along with the text of the axis label. That was not acceptable.
But, entering the text first, then selecting the math tool for the symbol,
worked.

   Is there a trick to embedding a symbol or short equation within a text
string in Ipe?

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"