[Ipe-discuss] Plot

Otfried Cheong otfried at cs.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Jul 13 03:26:28 CEST 2005

> How can I plot functions in Ipe, like tan(x), or just whatever?
> Will that be possible in near future, if not already possible?

It will be possible in the near future if someone writes an ipelet for
it (which is really how this kind of functionality needs to be added).

Currently, you can plot the function in gnuplot, export to eps, convert
to PDF, run pdftoipe, and include it in your figure...

> If no, is there a way to import Metapost output into Ipe somehow?
> That way I could add graphs that I make in Metpost into my Ipe
> figures. Would save some time, instead of having to do the whole
> figure in Metapost.

By saving metapost in Postscript/PDF and running pdftoipe, this should
be possible.