[Ipe-discuss] Clip to convex polygon

thingkcp at netscape.net thingkcp at netscape.net
Tue Feb 22 11:14:59 CET 2005

>> First, a fairly simple matter, I hope. The Ipelet 'Clip to convex
>> polygon'.  Could someone explain to me what it does and how I use it?
>
>My apologies that your question wasn't answered more quickly.
>Apparently nobody else feeled entitled to commment on this ipelet -
>you've put your finger directly on a weak point of Ipe :-)
>
>This ipelet is unfinished, buggy, and undocumented.  You should probably
>simply ignore it until it is documented in the Ipe manual.  It is only
>in the distribution because it more-or-less works to prune Voronoi
>diagrams, which is something I and a few other people do use already,
>and since it works as in Ipe 5, some "oldtimers" manage to get some
>milage out of it...

Thanks for the explanation: I am quite content to leave that Ipelet to those people who have a use for it.

I had been hoping that this Ipelet might do one of a couple of things:
   wrap text around an objext
   enable complex cropping of a bitmap
Either of these functions would be a really valuable feature, in my opinion.

Regards
Þing

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.