[Ipe-discuss] CTRL + right click

Otfried Cheong otfried at cs.uu.nl
Wed Feb 9 10:27:10 CET 2005

Ansgar Grüne wrote:
> in the latest preview-version one has to use "Control + Right Click" to
get
> the context menu of an object (e.g. for editing a polyline). This
confused
> me at first. Is there a special reason for this change? I think the
earlier
> solution (right click only) was a little easier and more intuitive.

Users of Ipe 5 were used to using the right mouse button as a shortcut
for selecting objects.  Early previews of Ipe 6 therefore had two modes
(selectable in the preferences): for "beginners", where right click  opens
the object menu, and for "experts", who need the select shortcut  more
often.  This was just two confusing to explain, and so the "expert"  mode
became the standard.  I agree that this is also not optimal, as  there is
now no obvious way for new users to find out about the object  menu at all
(except for reading the manual, but of course nobody does that).

Suggestions anybody?