[Ipe-discuss] Linejoin default value

Johan Ingvast ingvast at md.kth.se
Thu Feb 3 20:02:52 CET 2005

Hi
Finally I feel like I have found the program I was looking for.
It got most of the features on my list checked and some that I did not know
I wanted --  like style-sheets which I think is a great idea.

Now to my problem
I don't understand how the linejoin works. It seem to be have the mitered
property by default. However not exactly.
When I draw a very sharp angle the line looks kind of cut off at the point
of intersection.
I have worked some with metapost for which there is a miterlimit, a
maximal length that the lines can cross. I don't think that is the case
here. I really thought that postscript was taking care of that.

Anyway this really does not matter that much for me because I prefer to
work with rounded linejoins.
Is there any way I can change the default behavior so that I don't have
to change this for each line I make? I tried a long shot by adding
<path join="1"/> to a stylesheet but that did not work.

Then a small bug:
    The pop up menu always show "Line join: default " independently of the
    state of linejoin.

Many thanks for a fantastically well working application.
/johan

--
Johan Ingvast, PhD student http://www.md.kth.se/~ingvast
Department of Machine Design, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden