[Ipe-discuss] Antialiasing, delete

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Thu Dec 15 02:45:07 CET 2005

>>Most mysterious.  On my computer (a standard Fedora Core 3
>>installation), Ipe became unusably slow (it would take 5 seconds for
>>the display to follow the cursor movement).  Perhaps I should take
>>out Ipe's own rendering to bitmap and see what happens.  I'd
>>encourage all Linux user's to comment out the following line in
>>"src/ipecanvas/ipecanvas.cpp" and report whether Ipe slows down
>>dramatically or whether it improves rendering without any problem:
>>
>>   setAttribute(Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen);
>
> This was commented in pre26 I guess, and ipe was unusably slow.  I
> uncommented it, and the speed went back to normal, though there was
> noticeable flicker.

It's getting stranger and stranger.  This was exactly the problem I had
before.  On my system, this problem went away silently when I made some
(mildly related) other changes to rendering.  I have no idea what is
going on.

I'll comment out double-buffering again (or make it a compile-time or
run-time option).