[Ipe-discuss] Two questions on Version 25

Jan Hlavacek jhlavace at svsu.edu
Thu Dec 1 17:00:38 CET 2005

First: If you close the "Properties" and "Layers" panels, is there any way of getting them back?

Second: On Linux (namely Debian stable) , with qt 4.0.1, in file selection dialog when opening new file, all file-names are truncated to just first few letters followed by dots.  It seems to be done in some sort of proportional way, so longer filenames will have more letters displayed, while short file names will have just their first letter displayed, which is very annoying as it makes it almost impossible to find any files.   You can work around it by switching to detailed view and adjusting the width of the filename column, but IPE will not remember that, so you have to do that every time you want to open a file.

I am not sure if this is a problem with IPE, qt4, Debian, or just my own system, I couldn't find any way to change this behavior.

Otherwise the version rules! Thanks!

--
Jan Hlavacek, instructor
Department of Mathematics