[Ipe-discuss] Ipe on debian

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 18 05:31:02 CET 2004

Hi Rainer,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:29:54AM +0100, Rainer Typke wrote:

> BTW, are Debian packages available anywhere else? I would like to
> install Ipe on Debian Woody, so I would need either binaries for woody
> or the source. Any pointers would be appreciated.

The source for the Ipe debian packages is available from your
nearest debian archive.  Ipe was not packaged for woody, however,
so you'll have to pull the source for "unstable" (a.k.a. sid).

Then you'll have to tweak it a bit because the QT packaging has
changed a little.  I did that just now and built i386 packages for
woody, which you can find here:

  http://people.debian.org/~smr/ipe-woody/

along with the tweaked source (in case you want to build it
yourself).  I wasn't able to try out the resulting packages,
however, as I don't have a woody machine to install them on.
(I did the build in a woody chroot).

If you try them out, please let me know how it works.

Cheers,
-Steve