[Ipe-discuss] another bug

Olivier Devillers Olivier.Devillers at sophia.inria.fr
Fri May 2 10:45:02 CEST 2003

Otfried Cheong wrote:

> > With previous version, clicking the right button shows attribute of
> > the selected object and allow to change them (colors, size...)
>
>In the previous version, the function of the right mouse button was
>user-selectable (in the configuration dialog).  I've decided that this
>was far too confusing, both for writing the manual and answering
>questions, and so now the "alternative" behaviour is standard.  This
>is described in the manual, by the way :-)

Ok, I confess that I red almost all the Pre7 manual which says:
"the right mouse button pops up...."
and I did not read it again at each new release.

>The right mouse button has exactly the same function as the left
>button in select mode.  To get the object menu, use Control+Right
>button.
>
>If enough people protest, I'm willing to put the configuration option
>back...

Ok it is fine, I just need to know.

May be you can help the people who did not have looked at the latest manual
by havin in the Edit menu an item "edit object" which pops up the menu
and you can indicate Ctrl-right button as a shortcut.

Olivier