[Ipe-discuss] Including raw pdf pictures via pdflatex

Tom Smith mcmt84 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 21:16:04 CEST 2003

I shouldn't really expect this to work, but it might
be doable...

I tried including a pdf figure by including the
following in the latex preamble:

\usepackage{graphicx}

and including the following in a text minipage:

\includegraphics{/tmp/t.pdf}

where t.pdf is a pdf figure made with R. After I latex
it, the frame around the graphic is the right size,
and text in the graphic shows up (the lines in the
graphic are missing). But after saving the Ipe file to
pdf, it doesn't show up in Acrobat's reader. It gives
an error in Acrobat of "Could not find the XObject
named 'lm1'".

I'm using the window's version of Ipe.

I know I can use pdftoipe, but not everything always
converts correctly. I'd like to draw on top of an
exact rendering.

John