[Ipe-announce] Ipe 7.2.17 is out

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Sat May 9 16:39:52 CEST 2020

"Release early, release often"  :-)

It wasn't my plan to spam you with new Ipe releases, but it turns out that Ipe 7.2.16 also has a quite serious bug:  If you have two copies of the same ellipse (or two arcs of the same ellipse), then intersection snapping causes Ipe to crash.  I hadn't read the manual of GSL carefully enough - you are not allowed to give the root solver a zero polynomial ;-)

Ipe 7.2.17 fixes this problem.   I was also in a generous mood and decided to throw in free selectors for dash style and opacity in the properties panel (which got a bit of a face-lift).    You can now click on links in IpePresenter (this should work for the navigation links produced by beamer, and also links to websites or movies you want to display during your presentation).   Also, pasting images with Command+V now finally works on MacOS.

And there are a few more bug fixes, see below.

Ipe 7.2.17 is available in source form, as a Windows binary, as a MacOS app, and as Linux packages on the Ipe homepage at
http://ipe.otfried.org.

Enjoy,

Ipe 7.2.17 (2020-05-09)

 * The properties panel got a face-lift and now includes selectors for
   dash style and opacity.

 * Clicking on links now works in IpePresenter (#3).

 * Pasting images from the clipboard on Windows was broken and always
   returned fully transparent images.

 * Pasting images from the clipboard now also works on MacOS (#311).

 * Fix vertical infinite edges in qvoronoi ipelet sometimes showing up
   as horizontal (bug #300).

 * Fix transparency of images in IpePresenter (bug #2).

 * Fixed graph-tool: it also moved edges that were not currently
   visible (#307).

 * Updated 'ipe.dtd' so it can again be used to validate Ipe XML files.

 * Allow minipage objects to have a horizontal alignment, and let
   "Change width" function work relative to this alignment, for more
   natural behaviour in right-to-left languages.

 * <textpad> adjustments now also work in tetex (bug #151).

 * Fix crash when snapping to arcs on the same ellipse (and other
   degree-lowering degeneracies) (bug #310).