[Ipe-announce] Ipe 7.2.9 is out

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Jan 16 14:49:46 CET 2019

Unfortunately, the Linux and OSX versions of Ipe 7.2.8 have a serious bug - if you do anything with layers, Ipe will crash.

To fix this problem, Ipe 7.2.9 is now available on the Ipe homepage at http://ipe.otfried.org.

In addition to the usual Windows binaries (now both 32 and 64 bits) and OSX package, I'm now also providing Linux packages built for a number of recent distributions, namely Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, and openSuse.   This is made possible by the openSuse build service, which performs automatic builds for each distribution.

In addition to fixing the serious bug, I have updated all libraries to the most recent versions in the Windows and OSX packages, and I've improved Ipe's behaviour in dark mode on OSX Mojave.  Also,  holding Control while using the scroll wheel now zooms on all platforms.

Enjoy,

Ipe 7.2.9 (2019-01-16)

 * Rebuilt all dependencies with up-to-date versions for Windows and
   OSX.

 * Fixed crash when using layers on Linux and OSX (bug #208).

 * Some improvements in dark mode on OSX Mojave (bug #207).

 * Use Postscript glyph names to find glyph index (bug #122).

 * Holding Control while using the scroll wheel now zooms the canvas
   on all platforms (feature #206).

 * Fix unmarked pages appearing in bookmarks after exporting with
   -markedview (bug #205).

 * Can use config.ipedrive to refer to the drive that Ipe is on in
   customization files.  Environment variables can use "ipe:" to refer
   to the same drive (feature #203).