[Ipe-announce] Ipe 7.1.4 available, including Windows binaries

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Fri Mar 15 15:41:20 CET 2013

The last Ipe version released with Windows binaries was 7.0.10, released
in December 2009.  Since July 2013 will mark the 20th anniversary of
Ipe, it's time to rectify this situation.

Thanks to Daniel Beckmann, I have again a working compiler setup for
Windows, and I have made a new release 7.1.4 of Ipe that can be found on
the homepage http://ipe7.sourceforge.net.

To use the Windows version, simply download ipe-7.1.4-win.zip, unzip it
somewhere on your computer (but using a path that contains only ASCII
characters), and click on ipe-7.1.4/bin/ipe.exe.  Ipe no longer uses the
separate -dependencies package.

This version of Ipe moves to Lua 5.2. If you are using the "ipescript"
tool, you will need to check if your scripts contain a 'require "ipe"'
line.  This line was always superfluous (since ipescript already loads
the Ipe Lua-bindings), and due to changes in Lua 5.2, the line now no
longer works and needs to be removed.

Enjoy,

Ipe 7.1.4 (2013-3-15)

  * Windows binaries provided again.

  * Migrated to using Lua 5.2 (feature #113).

  * Fixed bug in "ipescript update-master" with several figures (bug
    #85).

  * Ipe scripts (to be run with "ipescript <script>") must no longer
    contain the 'require "ipe"' line.

  * Snap modes on Ipe-startup can now be specified in preferences
    (feature #122).

  * Customizing mouse move works as expected (without _G.mouse)
    (bug #123).