[delta-l] New release of CSIRO DELTA programs

Mike Dallwitz m.j.dallwitz at netspeed.com.au
Wed Aug 31 14:09:58 CEST 2016

- From: Mauro Cavalcanti

> What is the right file to download? The "delta.zip" file seems to
> include only updates of several MS-DOS batch files, with a slightly
> newer version of Confor32.

Under the heading 'The complete DELTA System' in the page
http://delta-intkey.com/www/programs.htm, there's a link 'DELTA zipfile',
which has the URL http://delta-intkey.com/win64/delta.zip. I downloaded
that file, and verified that it does include the complete release. There
are 18 '.exe' files and 44 '.bat' files in the 'delta' folder, plus
another 6 '.bat' files in the 'sample' subfolder. All of the '.bat' files
are updated or new since the December 2000 release.

> And where is the *source code* for the updated versions of
> Confor/Key/Dist (so that they can be re-compiled natively under
> GNU/Linux, for example)?

The source code hasn't been updated since Eric Zurcher worked on it. I
think you have that source code.

> It would be useful if a list of the changes/fixes would be provided.

If I release updated versions of the Fortran programs (which I intend to
do - but don't hold your breath), I'll update the 'changes' file.

Contact information: http://delta-intkey.com/contact/dallwitz.htm
DELTA home page: http://delta-intkey.com