[delta-l] Notes

Mike Dallwitz m.j.dallwitz at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jan 24 05:22:01 CET 2012

- From: Craig Robbins

> I've been looking at how notes (characters notes in particular at this
> point) are stored. ... Is it safe to infer that the '#' must be preceded
> by a space (incl. tab, newline, etc, or be the first character in the
> file/stream) for it to qualify as the start of a new note?

Yes. The syntax for this and all similar directives (including ones
relating to taxa) is the same as the syntax defining the start of a
character in the CHARACTER LIST directive:

"The feature description starts with a numero (#), which must be at the
start of a line or preceded by a blank. The numero is followed by the
character number, a full stop (.), and a blank. A blank between the numero
and the character number is optional."

It doesn't mention 'tab', but this does work in Confor.

Contact information: http://delta-intkey.com/contact/dallwitz.htm
DELTA home page: http://delta-intkey.com