[delta-l] Exporting DELTA-format data from Intkey

Craig Robbins gcflora at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 07:42:04 CET 2012

Hi again all (and Mike),

Many years ago, I guess around the year 2000 or so I did not have
Windows at all. I wasn't working at the time so I didn't have any money
to spend on buying Windows (I didn't really feel compelled to do so
anyway as I had used Linux since 1994 and Unix before that). Wine for
Linux could not run the Delta programs (I am not sure if it can now;
probably it does). So, I was kind of stuck -- there was all this data
that would have been useful in my studies but it was just not available
to me. That's what sparked my passion in open standards and diversity in
software. There was, of course, the fledging (at the time) Lucid also
making its appearance at about that time. Could I afford Lucid? No. Even
if I could afford it, I don't think even the "viewer" worked on Linux at
the time. So, although circumstances have definitely changed since back
then I still believe in writing software that can view/diagnose/(and,
yeah, maybe export) Delta files in case the worse happens (although that
seems unlikely now with OpenDelta).

Regards,
Craig