[delta-l] Exporting DELTA-format data from Intkey

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:15:43 CET 2012

On 13 January 2012 12:39, Mike Dallwitz <m.j.dallwitz at netspeed.com.au>wrote:

> > If there is data for Intkey (iitems and ichars), it is possible to
> > extract from it the DELTA files (chars, items and specs)?
>
> You can extract characters and items from the Intkey files, but usually
> they don't contain all the information that was in the original DELTA
> files. If the original files are still available, it's much better to use
> them.

If people are interested in doing this sort of thing, it should be possible
to add the functionality to PyDelta, which is already able to load intkey
files into the same structure it uses for DELTA files. I've not yet added
anything to write out DELTA files, but please get in touch if the feature
would be useful.

Best wishes,
Thomas