[delta-l] Internal Error Message

mfort001 at ucr.edu mfort001 at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 27 23:10:50 CEST 2011

For the past few months, I've been working on entering in morphological
information in the DELTA Editor program for a dataset of several taxa and
characters. Up to yesterday, everything has been running smoothly on the
program.  Today, I'm working on my dataset in DELTA Editor using the same
computer I have been working from since the beginning of this project, and I
keep receiving an "Internal Error" message, which sometimes causes immediate
shut-down of the program. This message shows up when the dataset is opened,
and usually closes down at random, or when I go to edit a character. Has anyone
encountered a similar problem and know how to resolve the issue?

The message I keep receiving is as follows in a new window with the heading
"ObjectWindows Exception":

INTERNAL ERROR: A descriptor was requested, but its ID was not found in the
database!

DEBUGGING INFORMATION:
     The ID being sought was 455
     The typeid being sought was TVOCharTextDesc *

OK to resume?

[End error message]

Michael Forthman
Ph.D. Graduate Student