Compatibility issue: for DELTA in windows 7

Thomas Kluyver takowl at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 17 12:12:59 CEST 2010

(Forwarding correspondence with Vinay Singh about using DELTA in
Windows 7.)

------
> Hello sir
>
> I am a research scholar working for my Ph.D. My work is to develop the
> database for flora of Delhi. for that I wants to use DELTA package. I
> am facing some problem regrding compatibility of this programme in
> windows 7 operating system (64 bit). so kindly check it and if
> possible then provide me the same newer version. In anticipation of
> prompt reply.
>
> Regards
> Vinay K. Singh
> +91-9868384334

Hi Vinay,

I'm not involved with DELTA myself, but I know that people have had
problems running it on Windows 7. If you can get a copy of Windows XP,
you should be able to run it in Virtualbox:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Otherwise, an Australian project is planning to update the old DELTA
software to work on newer systems. This could take a few months,
however.

If you have any more questions, you might want to join the DELTA-L
mailing list:
http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=DELTA-L&H=NIC.SURFNET.NL

I've CCed the list in on this e-mail.

Best wishes,