Image URLs in Delta Editor

Mike Dallwitz M.J.Dallwitz at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jun 6 05:09:27 CEST 2006

- From: Aysha Prather

> I have not been able to use URLs to point to image files in the Delta
> Editor, because there seems to be a character-length limitation on
> URLs.

This is a bug in the DELTA Editor: the 'Select Image to Add' dialog
won't accept URLs longer than 39 characters.

You can work around the bug by editing the 'Taxon images' or 'Character
images' file via 'View > Action Sets'.

Alternatively, make a local copy of the image file. An advantage of this
approach is that people will be able to use the products from a CD
without needing access to the Internet.

Contact information: http://delta-intkey.com/contact/dallwitz.htm
DELTA home page: http://delta-intkey.com