Intkey - automatic display of taxon images

Mike Dallwitz M.Dallwitz at netspeed.com.au
Fri Jun 24 11:33:48 CEST 2005

- From: Eric Gouda
- To: Mike Dallwitz

> Is there a possibility to show an item picture right away when there
> is one item left in the identification process of Intkey? We saw
> something in the helpfile, but it seems not to work.

Add the following line to intkey.ink.

*DEFINE ENDIDENTIFY "illustrate taxa remaining"

This feature was intended for earlier versions of Intkey, and although
it still works, I advise against using it. In the current version, the
'Information' button provides easy and flexible access to information
about any taxon at any stage of the identification. Automatic display of
an illustration at the end of every identification can be annoying,
especially when the data are on the Web and the image files are large.

You can easily try the feature on existing Web datasets by entering the
necessary command interactively. Set Advanced Mode, then select
'Settings > Define > Endidentify > illustrate taxa remaining', and then
return to Normal Mode. (The feature is turned off by default in Advanced
Mode; if you want to use it in Advanced Mode, select 'Settings > Display
Represented in the British Isles' (http://delta-intkey.com/britsp/).

Contact information: http://delta-intkey.com/dallwitz.htm
DELTA home page: http://delta-intkey.com