Real numbers in Intkey

Kevin Thiele K.Thiele at CBIT.UQ.EDU.AU
Thu Sep 2 06:17:07 CEST 2004

- From: Mike Dallwitz

> Incidentally, in Lucid 3 neither the Builder nor the Player implements
> 'implied precision', contrary to Kevin's claims.

Lucid3 is being released in several stages. The first release (released
earlier this year) is very basic and doesn't do the rounding (it treats
numeric values and ranges in the same inadequate way as Lucid2 and
IntKey). We realised the problem Darrel describes several months go, and
have implemented rounding as I described for release 2 (still at beta
stage, but due for release later this year).

[Tested on Lucid Player V3.5.2, released 28/07/2010. The implied
precision of coded values is more or less as stated in Kevin's posting
of 25 August 2005. There is no implied precision of input values: an
input value of 3 does not match a coded value of 0.31. MJD September
2010]

Cheers - k