Help with corrupting Delta files

Jeremy Bruhl jbruhl at METZ.UNE.EDU.AU
Thu May 6 06:57:52 CEST 2004

Dear Delta Users

I'm in need of urgent assistance!!

My delta data files are being corrupted. Characters with varying numbers
of states (ie 4,11,13 etc) have the states reshuffled from the original
order. In some characters (that have been reshuffled) the text
describing the state is missing. I've also noticed that polymorphic
characters can be written out of order ie 1/5/2 when they were
originally in order 1/2/5. The order itself is not important as they are
unordered states, however, the data has been changed from the original
scoring due to the reshuffling.

The data base was created by modifying the sample Grass genera database
and I'm currently running Delta on a Dell laptop Pentium III processor
and with Windows XP - if this info helps. I also scanned for virus'
twice with the most recent version of McAfee and was clear.

Has anyone else ever experienced such a problem when using Delta? If so,
was there a solution? If not, is there a solution? If I am doing
something to cause this type of file corruption then I want to know what
not to do - any suggestions? My major concern is if the problem keeps
reoccuring - I'm trying to finish my PhD and am getting a tad stressed.

Looking forward to any responses

Kerri

Ms Kerri Clarke
Botany
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351
Australia

Telephone: (02) 6773 3942
Facsimile: (02) 6773 3283
E-mail: kerri.clarke at une.edu.au
Ms Kerri Clarke
Botany
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351
Australia

Telephone: (02) 6773 3942
Facsimile: (02) 6773 3283
E-mail: kerri.clarke at une.edu.au

Forwarded by:

Jeremy J. Bruhl, PhD
Associate Professor, Botany
Director, NCW Beadle Herbarium (NE)

Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Systematics
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351 Australia

jbruhl at metz.une.edu.au
http://www.une.edu.au/botany/jjbres.htm
Voice: +61 2 6773 2429
Fax: +61 2 6773 3283