Delta File to spreadsheet converter

Jeremy Bruhl jbruhl at METZ.UNE.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 24 02:09:27 CEST 2003

- From: Dan Crowdus

> Is there a utility that currently exists which can convert Delta
> directives to a spreadsheet format readable by Excel or other
> programs, and/or vice versa? If so, could you please let me know how I
> could find it? If not, I can make a script to do this, but I wanted to
> double-check that there wasn't already an existing one before I put
> any time into it.

Dear Dan

I don't think so, at least not in one easy step.

But, if you go into grid view, you can select data fields (copy from the
menu) and paste them into a spreadsheet. To get the taxa and the
characters you can use the appropriate directives within action sets.

Cheers
Jeremy

Jeremy J. Bruhl, PhD
Associate Professor of Botany
Director, NCW Beadle Herbarium (NE)

School of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resources Management
Faculty of the Sciences
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351 Australia

jbruhl at metz.une.edu.au
http://www.une.edu.au/botany/jjbres.htm
Voice: +61 2 6773 2429
Fax: +61 2 6773 3283