New tools for morphological data management

Mauro J. Cavalcanti maurobio at ACD.UFRJ.BR
Thu Sep 20 14:58:24 CEST 2001

> Your project aims to develop a new tool, so you really should think
> seriously about multiplatform support. If any of your programmers tell
> you this can't be done then get better programmers.

Well done, Rod! Over the last five years I have also making quite the
same point - that if you are serious about scientific software
development and use a serious programming language like C++ and
associated tools (like the superb wxWindows class library), then there
is no excuse for not supporting multiple platforms.

Multiple platform support is also one of the first aims of the FreeDELTA
Project
(http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8695/FreeDELTA/index.html)
that I have been conducting with Denis Ziegler.

Regards,

Mauro J. Cavalcanti
Setor de Paleovertebrados, Departamento de Geologia e Paleontologia,
Museu Nacional do Rio de Janeiro,
Quinta da Boa Vista, 20940-040, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil.
E-mail: maurobio at acd.ufrj.br
Home Page: http://www.maurobio.cjb.net