Moving the DELTA programs to another computer

Mike Dallwitz miked at spider.ento.csiro.au
Mon Oct 26 22:10:00 CET 1998

- From: Robert Webster
- To: DELTA User Support

> I recently transferred all my DELTA files to a new computer and
> everything seemed to be working fine. This morning I found a problem
> with DIANA not knowing where to find CONFOR. If I execute CONFOR, the
> error "CONFORQW cannot be found" comes up.

Rather than copying the files to another computer, you should reinstall
from the distribution file. The installation does some extra things, one
of which you can't easily do manually.

Note, however, that if you are a registered user, you must copy your
registration file, delta.ini, to the new computer.

As you've got this far, I suggest that you wait for the next release
before reinstalling. Your immediate problem can be solved by adding the
following lines at the end of autoexec.bat.

SET DELTA=C:\DELTA
SET CONFOR=CONFORQW
SET DELFOR=DELFORQW
SET DIST=DISTQW
SET KEY=KEYQW
SET INTKEY=INTKEY5
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\DELTA

Substitute the appropriate drive letter for C: if your DELTA directory
is on another disk.

If you do reinstall now, note that you must first reinstall the current
release, downloaded via the links under 'Programs for MS-Windows 95/NT'
or 'Programs for MS-Windows 3.1', and _afterwards_, if you wish, install
the latest test versions available via the link 'Test versions of the
DELTA programs'.

Mike Dallwitz
CSIRO Division of Entomology, GPO Box 1700, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Email: md at ento.csiro.au. Phone: +61 2 6246 4075. Fax: +61 2 6246 4000