Suggestion for INTKEY

Gregor Hagedorn hagedorn at FUB46.ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Mon Mar 24 10:41:15 CET 1997

Hi,

>> It would be nice if just clicking on the FullText button again
>> the full text windows would be closed (like a switch). That will
>> increase the speed when you browse the characters or any list
>> displayed in the dialog boxes.
>
> This is not a standard Windows mechanism. While it might be
> convenient, it would make the interface less consistent, and harder to
> learn.

I disagree. Most programs use some kind of pop-up windows, which can be
toggled by a button. Usually these buttons are in the toolbar though,
all Microsoft office programms have buttons there which will toggle the
display e.g. of another toolbar (for drawing) or property windows).

You are right as to that pop-up windows should look different from
normal windows to reduce the possible confusion you mention.

Gregor

Gregor Hagedorn
Inst. f. Mikrobiologie, BBA     Net: hagedorn at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Koenigin-Luise-Str. 19          Tel: +49-30-8304-2220 or -2221
14195 Berlin, Germany           Fax: +49-30-8304-2203

Often wrong but never in doubt!