LucID and INTKEY

Robin Wilson rwilson at MOV.VIC.GOV.AU
Mon Mar 17 01:47:53 CET 1997

- From: Bryan Simon

> This discussion of the comparative features and relative merits of
> LucID and INTKEY, both of which I find to have very useful features,
> will be of great value to the users and developers of both packages.
> The interchange of ideas can only be healthy and of advantage to the
> enhancement of both systems.

I agree.

I also agree with the earlier message from David Yeates to the effect
that standards should be the servant of our needs and develop
accordingly. I tried to say the same thing in my earlier comments. The
DELTA standard should be developed cooperatively by all software
developers (which is why it is pleasing to have David Yeates' input to
DELTA-L). I would be worried if the DELTA standard was instead developed
competitively to the extent that the standard is no longer a standard
(look at what Netscape and Microsoft have done to the html "standard",
for example). From what David says about future development of Lucid
(support for text annotations of character states etc.) I don't have too
much to worry about.

bye

Robin

Robin Wilson                            rwilson at mov.vic.gov.au
Museum of Victoria
71 Victoria Crescent                    telephone 61-3 9284 0216
Abbotsford  Victoria                    fax       61-3 9416 0475
Australia  3067