Using INTKEY over the Internet

Mike Dallwitz miked at ento.csiro.au
Fri Dec 16 01:08:58 CET 1994

- From: Anthony Brach

> Is it possible (or in the future) for users of WWW to utilize DELTA
> INTKEY or a modification thereof at a particular site of the WEB ?
> Since users can presently access checklists, descriptions,
> non-interactive keys, and descriptions, thinking about the potential
> for interactive keys of floras online.

Version 2 of INTKEY is available for Unix (SunOS), and can be used
across the Internet. For an example, see
    Christiansen, K. A., Bellinger, P. F., and da Gama, M. M. (1990).
    Computer assisted identification of specimens of Pseudosinella
    (Collembola Entomobryidae). Rev. Ecol. Biol. Sol 27, 231-246.
To try this system:
    telnet ac.grin.edu
    Username: BUGS
    Password: DELTA

Version 2 of INTKEY has only a command-line interface (though lists of
commands can be displayed either manually or automatically). We hope
eventually to port the Windows version of INTKEY (version 4) to other
GUI's, including Mac and Unix. I don't know whether either version could
be accessed via WWW.

Mike Dallwitz
CSIRO Division of Entomology, GPO Box 1700, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Internet md at ento.csiro.au  Phone +61 6 246 4075  Fax +61 6 246 4000