[Arisaema-l] facing arisaema?

Gene Bush genebush at netsurfusa.net
Tue Jul 5 20:17:36 CEST 2011

Anne,

Thanks for the tip. I went back and reread the paragraphs concerning
tortuosum. Close enough fit...what threw me off was the other tortuosum I
had reached over 6 feet before it disappeared on me. And, while impressive
in size, did not do much in color.

Glad I took a chance on an unknown species.

Gene E. Bush

Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC

www.munchkinnursery.com

facebook       linkedin

From: arisaema-l-bounces at science.uu.nl
[mailto:arisaema-l-bounces at science.uu.nl] On Behalf Of ANNE CHAMBERS

Hi, Gene - I just can't open these zip files but it sounds to me very much
like a form of tortuosum. I painted one many years ago just like you
describe. The photos in the Gusmans' book don't show the pale blue
colouration at all well. Some tortuosum have green spadix-appendages, others
have purplish one with paler blue overtones. Totrtuosum has impressively
patterned stems.

Anne