Arisaema in flower

Steve Hatfield stevehatfield at COMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 5 02:30:54 CEST 2009

I managed to "aquire" in a park in Michigan a couple tubers of an arisaema
the had very dark petioles or stems or whatever you want to call them. Im
interested to see what comes out of them in the spring. I was thinking black
jack when I saw them
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Arisaema Enthusiast Group (AEG) Discussion List (and other hardy
Aroids) [mailto:ARISAEMA-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf Of Tony Avent
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 3:52 PM
To: ARISAEMA-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: Arisaema in flower

Henry:

You probably saw our Arisaema triphyllum 'Black Jack'.  It's a Florida
selection, so I'd say a Z 6 at best.  Hope this helps.

Henry wrote:
> Tony,
>
> While touring the greenhouses at Shady Oaks in Waseca, Minnesota, I saw a
table of an interesting Arisaema with purplish leaves divided into three
leaflets. Gordie couldn't tell me what it was, but your name was on the tag.

> What is it?
>
> And, of course, how hardy is it?
>
> --Henry Fieldseth
> Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, zone 4
> http://www.FriendsSchoolPlantSale.com

> Arisaema-L HOME & GALLERY: http://aeg.florapix.nl/
>
> For help with this list, send an e-mail to the listowners at:
>          Arisaema-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony at plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three
times" - Avent

Arisaema-L HOME & GALLERY: http://aeg.florapix.nl/

Arisaema-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl

Arisaema-L HOME & GALLERY: http://aeg.florapix.nl/