Tue Jun 12 16:31:43 CEST 2007

Sender: "Arisaema Enthusiast Group (AEG) Discussion List (and other=
From: John Roemer <myorchid at COMCAST.NET>
Subject: New Arisaema

I recently added an A. speciosum ('Himalayan Giant' ) to my garden. It ar=rived in good condition. The plant has already flowered and seeds are for=ming. I planted it immediately. The soil, which is a blend of peat, sand =and organic material, drains quickly. When it arrived the 3 leaves were c=urled into a tube shape. I expected the leaves to  continue to open and t=he plant to gain strength throughout the remainder of the summer. Instead=, the plant seems to be going dormant. The stem is soft and starting to f=all over. I dug down and checked the tuber. It is firm and feels healthy.=Is my assessment that the plant is going dormant sound valid? Any sugges=tions that will help the plant to a better next spring?

John

Arisaema-L HOME & GALLERY: http://florapix.nl/Arisaema-L

Arisaema-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl