Sat Sep 14 15:30:38 CEST 2002

Sender: "Arisaema Enthusiast Group (AEG) Discussion List (and other=
From: "J.E. Shields" <jshields104 at INSIGHTBB.COM>
Subject: 'Green Goddess' and kin

Hi all,

I'm happy to report that a Zantedeschia 'Green Goddess' that I received
last spring as tiny plant is sending up a bloom!  I planted the largest o=f
the three small plants into a 3-gallon container; the other two are out i=n
my wet bed, in the ground.  They are still nowhere near the size of the b=ig
one.  The container plant has done extremely well, and I was just looking
it over to decide whether to repot it into a 5-gallon container, when I
noticed that one new "leaf" has a white heart.  Fantastic!

Will 'Green Goddess' grow and bloom in the greenhouse over winter?  Does =it
undergo any sort of dormancy in a container?

The seedlings of Z. albomaculata are starting to go dormant, and the Z.
rehmannii went dormant some weeks ago.

Small seedlings of Z. aethiopica from the mountains of the Eastern Cape
Province, South Africa, have been very slow to recover from their migrati=on
from the Southern Hemisphere.  Similarly, seedlings of  Z. aethiopica
started this summer from seed have grown much more slowly than the
albomaculata from seed started in spring, and the rehmannii grew like wee=ds
from seed started in January.

Regards,
Jim Shields
in central Indiana