Fri Apr 26 10:31:31 CEST 2002

Sender: "Arisaema Enthusiast Group (AEG) Discussion List (and other=
From: Ernie O'Byrne <nargsbs at EFN.ORG>
Subject: Re: Fine Gardening

Yes, it was interesting to read from Tony and Petra's comments that it wa=s
apparently an oversight on Fine Gardening's part, rather than a blanket
policy. That is truly gratifying. The reason that I said such a policy of
not listing the writers as sources may have merits is from the unscrupulo=us
practice of plugging plants that are not worthy of encomiums just because
they happen to be sold by the writer. I am, in general, not in favor of t=he
policy which is, regrettably, still fairly common.

Ernie O'Byrne
Northwest Garden Nursery
86813 Central Road
Eugene OR 97402-9284
USA
Phone: 541 935-3915
FAX: 541 935-0863
Eugene, Oregon is USDA Zone 8a on the map, but we can only grow Zone 7
plants reliably. Member of NARGS, SRGC, RHS, American Primula Society,
Meconopsis Group, Alpine-L, Arisaema-L, Hellebore Group