P. xexoniensis and P. antioquiensis

Myles myles.irvine at VIRGIN.NET
Fri Aug 15 22:56:46 CEST 2003

Hi Les
I confirm & agree Aaron's answers.
For further info see
http://www.passionflow.co.uk/helleri11.htm re P. antioquiensis
http://www.passionflow.co.uk/aunty.htm re P. exoniensis

I would add that antioquiensis is the only Tacsonia that I know of that has
peduncles going over a foot (30cm). Some P. exoniensis will go up to that.

Re
>5. Some 'P. antioquiensis seed' is actually from P. exoniensis

I have been sent seed misIDed as such. See seed pics on site. A lot of
confusions arise from the first edition of John Vanderplank's book which
misIDed the exo flower as antio....

>7. P. antioquiensis is cultivated in New Zealand (or is just an invasive
weed)

It grows wild there and is sold by a few nurseries being seen as
non-invasive as it is fussier than other Passiflora such as caerulea &
mollissima or tarminiana which are problematic in New Zealand.
Best wishes
Myles Irvine
www.passionflow.co.uk